Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3.1 - is anyone running this yet?

2006-09-07 17:02:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3.1 - is anyone running this yet?
From: Steve Warren <swarren AT cresend DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:58:01 -0500
I see there's now a 7.3.2 release on the web site for Linux PPC & Windows
x64. Can't download it though. The link's broken.

I've tried 7.3.1 in an AIX environment and the only issues were
discrepencies in what the monitoring/groups/details screen reports vs the
monitoring/sessions screen vs the monitoring/devices screen. Sometimes data
in one of these screens will be stale (reporting sessions are running that
have long since completed) or missing portions of the group that are still
running.

The other challenge is the complexity of the new security model. I've spent
a lot of time in nsradmin on certain clients trying to get things
authorizing connections properly and trying to figure out why peer
information messages/complaints keep showing up in the logs.

I do like the new interface. It has a few minor hiccups but in general it's
pretty stable and responsive.