Networker

Re: [Networker] Help with an EMC support call on nsrmmgd in 7.3.x

2006-08-23 01:23:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Help with an EMC support call on nsrmmgd in 7.3.x
From: Tim Nicholson <tim AT MAIL.USYD.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:14:57 +1000
I had it with 7.3 and 7.3 jumbo.  I have not seen it yet in 7.3.1,
but I have only restarted that once.

On 23/08/2006, at 2:37 PM, Siobhán Ellis wrote:

Hello everyone,

I’m having a problem with nsrmmgd stating too quickly at a customer site, so no tapes can be loaded as it fails with an authentication problem (error 13 I think). If I kill it, it restarts automatically and everything is fine.

The call has been open for 2 months now, and EMC Australia are doing their normal superb job of support and not helping at all. I have been contacted by someone else, in here, who had a similar, but intermittent, problem.

So, has anyone else here seen the same problem on any platform? If so, did you log a call, and can you tell me the call log number at EMC. I need to
prove to this person that we are not the only site with the issue.

Thanks in advance

Siobhán

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker- request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this list. You can access the archives at http:// listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

"signoff networker" in the