Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning from adv-File let one copy stay there

2006-08-18 09:07:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning from adv-File let one copy stay there
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:00:38 +0100
Wilhelm Rolf wrote:

I have a question related to the cloning process. We have several adv_files
where we would like to clone all older ssid's and let stay there one copy
(the newest) of the save set on the adv_file.
Our current script contains a statement like:

mminfo -q
"pool=DISKPOOL,copies<3,group=GROUP,totalsize>=10000000,written=0,!incomplete,!suspect"

With this statement we let two copies stay there. If I change the copies
count to 2 nothing will be selected. I know that there are always 2 copies
of a  saveset because of the RO device. How could I get only one copy of a
save set stay there? TIA

You can't. There aren't actually two clones of each save set on an adv_file device, they are simply two views of the same save set. This is just the way NetWorker represents it. The data for both save sets is in the same file on the disk and if you delete one you will also delete the other.

"signoff networker" in the