Networker

Re: [Networker] Two jukeboxes using same pools

2006-08-17 10:53:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Two jukeboxes using same pools
From: "Rohrich, James" <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:53:04 -0500
"Personally, I'd be taking advantage of the fact that LTO-3 drives can
read LTO1 media"

Guess we are overlooking the obvious, since the generation is supposed
to be able to read the previous two. This would seem to be the most
practical solution. The old tapes in this case should also be made read
only if they are not full already or ready for recycle mode.

James Rohrich

Enterprise Data Architect
IT Planning
UOP LLC