Networker

Re: [Networker] Decision Time for Networker v7.3.x

2006-08-16 02:39:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Decision Time for Networker v7.3.x
From: Maarten Boot <maarten.boot AT MBU DOT HR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:30:49 +0200
Patti,

We run a small environment some 30 clients in total with 1.5 TB per day
backup on LTO-3, Server is on Windows 2003 clients are Win2000,
Win2003,HpUX11i-v2, and Linux RHEL4 and RHEL3.
Modules in use are Exchange and MSSQL + Disk Backup.
Server and clients are all 7.3.1

After some initial problemss due to San resets and misconfigurations our
Backups are now stable enough toe let me not worry too much during
weekends (I still cannot login from home to fix problems)

However I run a manual stage script each day that refuses to load any
tapes, I have to do it using the gui myself. In the operations tab in
the gui I do see operations started but thats all that happens, those
operations are not executed (during the etire day).

After manually feeding the right tapes I stop the services, remove the
/nsr/tmp directory are restart the machine to be sure the nightly
backups run fine.

I hope these problems are fixed in 7.3.2 and will adress them with our
support company as soon as our contact is back from holiday.

Currently I would strongly advise to stay on 7.2.x
(Unfortunately I arrived at this job with 7.3 already installed)

Maarten