Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato Networker vs Backup Exec

2006-08-15 16:51:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato Networker vs Backup Exec
From: Shyam Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:15:41 +0530
It also depends on what you backup -  how many backup clients, what OS
platforms, any application level backups, NDMP, DDS etc. etc. and the
scalability of your environment you backup also matters...

Having those details will help you to compare the features you would use in
your install.
In general, BackupExec is a workroup backup solution useful in windows
networks and NetWorker is a highly configurable product suitable in real
heterogenous environment and can scale to a enterprise solution
offering very few limitations (or no limits?!)

Most of emc competetive docs (pre-sales?) talk about comparing NetWorker
with Veritas NetBackup and not with BackupExec.

Regards
Shyam