Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS Not Working

2006-08-14 12:12:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS Not Working
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:11:55 -0400
David,

Are you getting the failure of no VSS license found?  It certainly does
sound then like the license manager is not working.

Since I don't use VSS I was wondering  what are the benefits of going to
VSS on a  large number of clients?  Does this help with open files?
Performance?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:37:33 -0400, King, David <dking AT EASTMAN DOT COM>
wrote:

>..and, if I put in
>
>VSS SYSTEM STATE:\
>VSS SYSTEM FILES:\
>VSS SYSTEM DB:\
>
>It works, but not when I put in
>
>VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\
>VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\
>VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\
>VSS USER DATA:\
>VSS OTHER:\
>

>And it STILL isn't pulling in a license from the Manager.
>

>David L. King

type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems