Networker

Re: [Networker] Back up Infrant NAS via Windows/CIFS?

2006-08-04 21:44:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Back up Infrant NAS via Windows/CIFS?
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:44:45 -0400
Darren Dunham wrote:
We mounted the NAS volume as drive Z, and we've explicitly listed the drives in the client config, including "Z:\". However, the "save" of Z:\ exits with a return code of 1, without a better explanation. We tried specifying a subfolder, and I noticed that it claimed it didn't exist, which I don't believe we saw when doing the whole drive.

You don't want to use drive letters like that for CIFS mounts.

Try using UNC paths instead.  \\<server>\<path>.

This looks like it will work. We tried it at first, and got a "could not stat" error, but today we realized we needed to make the Networker service run as a privileged user in the domain instead of the local admin user.

We'll give it a full run tonight. Performance looks poor so far, but we are looking at giving a private net connection between the Infrant and the Windows head to help there.

-Brian

"signoff networker" in the