Networker

[Networker] celerra 4 stream limit

2006-08-04 21:42:42
Subject: [Networker] celerra 4 stream limit
From: Dave Gold - News <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:36:04 -0400
Jeff,

You'll have to set the client parallelism to no more than 4; I normally set it
to 3 to be safe. When the Celerra is asked for a 5th allocation, its going to
cause stuck tapes, hung NDMP sessions, etc.

Workarounds--stagger fulls throughout the week is the most useful. The client
paralellism is almost as important.

How much data, how many filesystems?

Dave