Networker

Re: [Networker] Cellera NDMP Backups

2006-08-02 10:53:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cellera NDMP Backups
From: "Tremblay, Frederic" <Frederic.Tremblay AT SPACE.GC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:52:35 -0400
David,

This is a celerra limitation. There is a maximum of 4 concurrent connection per
data mover.

See the guide configuring NDMP backups on celerra:

Restrictions
When configuring your Celerra Network Server for NDMP backups, note the
following restrictions.
General Restrictions
◆ EMC supports NDMP drive sharing through a storage area network (SAN) only.
◆ You can configure a Celerra Network Server host as either an NDMP client or a
HighRoad(r) client, but not as both.
The Celerra Network Server uses port 10000 for NDMP operations. Ports 10001
through 10004 are used for NDMP three-way backups and restores.
◆ If you plan to turn on Internationalization, you should do so before, not
after, you create your file systems.
◆ Stripe size on your storage system can affect backup performance. For optimal
backup stripe size settings on Symmetrix(r) and CLARiiON(r) systems, refer to
the EMC NAS Interoperability Matrix.
◆ The Celerra Network Server supports a maximum of four concurrent backups per
NDMP-Host Data Mover.
◆ An NS Series Celerra Network Server requires a media interface adapter (MIA)
for device connection to the AUX-0 port.
Instructions on installing an MIA in an NS series Celerra are documented in
individual setup instructions provided with each system.

Regards,

Frédéric Tremblay, B.Sc.A
Storage Administrator
Canadian Space Agency
E-mail : [frederic.tremblay AT space.gc DOT ca]
Web site : [www.space.gc.ca]