Networker

Re: [Networker] forcing a full backup

2006-07-26 07:42:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] forcing a full backup
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:39:32 -0400
On Jul 26, 2006, at 7:11 AM, rich wrote:

Hi,
I need to force a full backup. I've changed the 'schedule' in nwadmin to full for the todays date, then gone to 'group control' and clicked start but it just does the incremental backup that it was previously set to. Any ideas?

What I do is I set up a separate group for this purpose. The group has level set to full and its not scheduled. I simply assign the client I want to have a full backup to this group, take that client out of its regular group, run the full via the "special" group, then when the full is complete, I put the client back in its regular group.

"signoff networker" in the