Networker

Re: [Networker] HELP - BRP

2006-07-25 23:46:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] HELP - BRP
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:38:54 +0300
Hi Terry,
Your observation makes me speechless...
I have not done thorough tests on this issue, however this blocksize
limitation has been formally published by EMC/Legato and acknowledged by
Microsoft.
Please see below a short description from the KB907418 article in the MS
knowledge base:
CAUSE
This problem occurs because Windows Server 2003 with SP1 limits block
sizes to 64 KB during a tape transfer. This limitation may limit the
performance of high performance tape drives that use larger block sizes.
Hotfix 873422 also applies this limitation.
Regards,
        Itzik