Networker

Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...

2006-07-24 14:05:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] client is not getting index entries written...
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:03:10 -0400
Between the DNS issues and deleting and recreating the client you are
probably saving the index to a different name.

Do you see the index being saved after the backup? If so run the
following command:

Mminfo -r 'clientid' -q'client=clientname'

If nothing shows up try using the long name or some alias client name
you started with. Once you find it you have to do the following.

Copy and paste the clientid for the current client defined. Delete this
client. Create a dummy client and paste in the clientid you just saved.
Now create your client with the name you want to use and paste in the
clientid you found from the mminfo command.

EDWARD COTY
OPEN SYSTEMS STORAGE ENGINEER, LCNA
WORK - 973-533-2098
CELL - 973-296-0918