Networker

Re: [Networker] Restarting failed groups

2006-07-21 14:44:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restarting failed groups
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:39:47 -0700
> My AdminGuide is 7.2 for Windows.  Bottom of Page 369 talks about the
> Autorestart, page 370 has a brief explanation about manually restarting
> a group (chapter 6 Backup Groups and Schedules).

Yup.  That's the stuff I've found.  No explanation about what it means
to "restart".

(I also am confused by the references to the "Manual Restart" option.  I
dont see that in the group attributes at all... )

> >From the GUI, right click the group and restart - will restart the
> failed client and if there are no issues it will ONLY backup what had
> failed.
>
> We backup all Windows servers.  On an ALL saveset, if everything backups
> successfully except for say the C drive, when I 'restart' it only backs
> up the C drive.  If is able to backup the C drive at this point it marks
> the group backup as complete and will rewrite the entire savegroup to
> the log showing successful completion, however it will note the time the
> savegroup was 'restarted' and I think it states 'restarted'.
>
> I do this regularly!!  All my backups are done through groups.

Oh, understood.  I just can't find any reference in the manauls that
describes this behavior.

Before you 'restart', can you view the group details and see if the
'work list' has anything in it, or is it empty?