Networker

Re: [Networker] if you think of upgrading to 7.2.2 ...

2006-07-21 12:02:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] if you think of upgrading to 7.2.2 ...
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:01:15 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] if you think of upgrading to 7.2.2 ..., Olaf...:

update: now it is 8 cases. I cannot create a new notification, it says that I do not have the 'change security settings' privilege... editing another resource works, I tested it with the server's parallelism.

We've run into that exact same issue with 7.2.2.  One of my coworkers
opened a support call on it.

He was told that it was done to close a security hole.  Since notifications
run on the server and with the privileges of nsrd, you can potentially do
tremendous damage on the server if you get a rogue "notification" created.
At 7.2.2, you have a couple options:

- create or update the notification using nsradmin as root on the server.

- create or update the notification using the networker GUI as root on
  the server.

Okay, what Linux versions of 7.2.2 are out there? Here it is 7.2.2 Build 422.

We're running the exact same version.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the