Networker

Re: [Networker] Question on target sessions?

2006-07-20 19:40:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question on target sessions?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:37:31 -0400
Thanks, Darren. As a  test, I disabled the other 3 drives and then ran a
backup. In this case, NetWorker just starts blasting the save sets to
tape paying no attention to the drive target sessions setting of 4, and
it doesn't ask for another tape. I think at one point it was sending as
many as 7-10 save sets there. Minimally, it did not behave as it was
before wherein it would finish 4 and then start the next 4. It was
basically just a free-for-all.

I then tried unselecting the other 3 drives from the pool resource, and
this pretty much does the same thing.

However, if I set the group parallelism to 4, regardless of whether any
of the other drives are either disabled, or unselected for the given
pool, then it keeps a steady stream of 4 save sets running at all times.

So, I guess this is how it should be acting?

George