Networker

Re: [Networker] moving client to a different backup server

2006-07-17 11:58:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] moving client to a different backup server
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:58:23 -0500
Thanks, that's what I thought, and the more I think of it, it's probably
impossible to do, as there is probably a good chance of having duplicate
tape numbers and/or names.    Such as FULL:0032 in each backup server,
or tape number 002001 in backup server.

Another good reason to separate pool names and tape numbers based on
location - nothing like 20/20 hindsight...

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 568-4364 (Direct)
(504) 654-7520 (BlackBerry number)