Networker

[Networker] moving client to a different backup server

2006-07-17 10:45:09
Subject: [Networker] moving client to a different backup server
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:42:40 -0500
I am hoping that someone on the list has access to a Legato document
that shows how to move a client index from backup server "A" to backup
server "B". I realize there are a lot of issues with this, and I'm
trying to avoid having to "scan" a bunch of backup tapes to get the
information moved.

I saw the tech bulletin on how to change the location of an index, but
not how to move it to another server.

I thought that it was in the Administrator's guide, but I couldn't find
it.  Did I just over look it? IS there such a document?

Thanks in advance.

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 568-4364 (Direct)
(504) 654-7520 (BlackBerry number)