Networker

[Networker] NW 7.2 on Suse Linux

2006-07-11 05:21:19
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.2 on Suse Linux
From: Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:47:42 +0530
Hi,

I am implementing Networker 7.2 on Suse Enterprise Linux 9 with Tandberg S24
LTO3 library.

Inquire command detects the drive as /dev/sg1. jbconfig does not recognize
the library at all.

After a few minutes, inquire detects the drive as /dev/st0. Now, jbconfig
detects the library and we can configure the library. The backups & restore
work fine.

Occasionally, Library stops responding. Again during this inquire detects
the drive as /dev/sg1. Automatically it comes back to /dev/st0 and starts
working fine.

Any clues on this.

Regards,

Anuj Mediratta