Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Errors

2006-07-06 06:32:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Errors
From: bob flynn <bob.flynn AT S3GROUP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:26:51 +0100
We saw this on Netapp 6.x streaming ndmp to locally attached tapes.

It happened intermittently, and the short term resolution was rebooting
the netapp.

We logged a call with netapp, and our problem was a memory leak, which
was fixed at a later release of DOT.

However as we could not upgrade ( old netapp, not supported on new DOT
release ), this was not an option.

As the Netapp was being replaced anyway ( EOL ), it 'went away' as a
problem.

However I would suggest that your solution, if you ask Netapp, is go to
a current DOT and if you experience the problem again, talk to them again

It is probably ( from my understanding of the problem ), nothing to do
with legato, and a DOT/ndmp/memory issue..

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications AT s3group DOT com.
Thank You.