Networker

[Networker] recover problem in unix version

2006-07-05 17:59:36
Subject: [Networker] recover problem in unix version
From: Rick Caldwell <rickc AT DALLAS.OILFIELD.SLB DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:59:03 -0500
Since going to version 7.2 and a LTO 2 library I've been having some problems with restores. They usually work but from time to time I get directories that won't recover. The current one starts off saying all volumes needed are online, loads the 1st tape and then gives the server name : busy and nwrecover: waiting 30 seconds then retrying messages over and over. Networker shows it loading the tape and then in the device window says reading, done (full), the last lines in the sessions and messages windows both list the disk mount directory path and say done reading. I've had luck in the past by doing a relocate on the directory and getting it to recover but that didn't work this time. Any hints on what cause this problem? I have mutliple sites and this has happened at each of them. I updated to the LTO 2's and newer version of legato at approximately the same time so can't say for sure that it isn't the lto drive setup. This was never a problem with the previous version of legato (either 6 or 7.1) and a DLT 7 slot library. I tried going to 7.3 but couldn't get it to work (web server wouldn't start, zero error messages) so went back to 7.2. You used to be able to download patches at the legato site but it appears that is no longer true unless you have a support contract so I don`t know if there have been patches released for 7.2 that might address this problem.

Solaris 2.8, Overland 17 slot powerloader with LTO 2 drives, Legato 7.2 Build 172

rick

--
Have you noticed that a "slight tax increase" costs us at least two
hundred dollars a year, but a "substantial tax cut" saves us maybe thirty cents?

"To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence."
Mark Twain
rickc AT dallas.oilfield.slb DOT com  or rickc AT slb DOT com

"signoff networker" in the