Networker

Re: [Networker] How to duplicate a client from command line?

2006-06-29 05:40:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to duplicate a client from command line?
From: Vince Howard <V.Howard AT WANSBECK.GOV DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:29:20 +0100
Hi Manel,

I do something similar to Will Parsons.  I have two sets of groups (and
pools), one for daily backups and one for monthly - with appropriate
browse/retention policies.  I also edit the schedules with overrides so
that the daily backups do a 'skip' when the monthly backup is due to
run, e.g. a schedule for full every Friday is set up as:

Period:   Week
Action:   skip incr incr incr incr full skip
Override: skip 01/06/06
          skip 02/03/06
          skip 03/03/06
          skip 03/31/06
          skip 05/05/06
          skip 06/02/06
          skip 06/30/06
          skip 08/04/06
          skip 09/01/06
          skip 10/06/06
          skip 11/03/06
          skip 12/01/06

This will schedule a full backup every Friday EXCEPT the weekends when I
want to run a monthly backup. The corresponding monthly schedule is:

Period:   Month
Action:   skip skip skip skip skip skip skip
          skip skip skip skip skip skip skip
          skip skip skip skip skip skip skip
          skip skip skip skip skip skip skip
          skip skip skip
Override: full 01/07/06
          full 02/04/06
          full 03/04/06
          full 04/01/06
          full 05/06/06
          full 06/03/06
          full 07/01/06
          full 08/05/06
          full 09/02/06
          full 10/07/06
          full 11/04/06
          full 12/02/06

All I have to do is remember to load the correct tapes into the library
and update the overrides at the start of each year.

Best Regards,

Vince

Vince Howard
Programmer/UNIX System Administrator
IT Section
Wansbeck District Council
Front Street West
Bedlington
Northumberland
NE22 5TU
UK

Tel (DDI): +44 (0)1670 843472
Fax:       +44 (0)1670 843484
e-mail:    v.howard AT wansbeck.gov DOT uk