Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of index in Storage Node, NDMP environment....

2006-06-28 02:44:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of index in Storage Node, NDMP environment....
From: Bruno Meignant <bruno.meignant AT MAGIRUS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:28:02 +0200
Index and Bootsrap are Non NDMP saveset, so Networker must find a non NDMP
device in order to be able to write this information, simply add your
"NAS" group to your daily pool, it should work and you don't need extra
pool for that.
Regards,

Bruno MEIGNANT

Shyam Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
27/06/2006 18:52
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Shyam Hegde <hegde.shyam AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Backup of index in Storage Node, NDMP environment....

Hello list,

We have a set of dedicated and normal storage nodes and couple of NDMP
clients in our NetWorker backup zone . We are having issues in backing up
Index with the current set of group and pool configuration. Have you guys
got any successful way of doing index backup in such scenario?
 Version 7.2 on Solaris. Storage nodes are all windows 2000 servers and
NDMP
clients are NetApp boxes. We have a STK L700 with 5 LTO2 drives. Brocade
SAN
switch and emulex HBAs in the environment. No DDS so far.
There are certain hard-binding of group-pool-device combination and for
some
of the groups, Index backup fails being unable find a device for writing
index. this is probably because the combination has no device which is
visible to NetWorker server and also 'nsrserverhost' is removed from
'storage node' field of client resources (We didn't want to have a second
storage ode choice)

I found it works when i create a new pool and have "index:" and
"bootstrap:"
in saveset field of pool resource configuration. It always backs up the
index and bootstrap anytime to this pool only. It is working for me but is
this a best practice? is the second question.

Thank you all experts here, in advance.

Best Rgards
Shyam

type