Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving away from Networker

2006-06-26 21:37:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving away from Networker
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:35:34 +1000
Marvin,

this is a good point,a nd one people often forget. Just saving the data on its own is often not enough, you also have to save the application , and the OS.

In a Windows/Linux environment, this is where VMware can help because you do not necessarily have to keep the hardware around. For other OS', then sometimes you do. It depends on how backwards compatabile the OS is with old code, or the hardware with an old version of the OS

Siobhan