Networker

Re: [Networker] Bug regressions?

2006-06-22 11:39:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bug regressions?
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:37:38 -0600
Stuart Whitby wrote:
The "regression" you're seeing here isn't necessarily a regression as such. Each jumbo patch goes through a release process which includes testing, and that testing time is based on a cut from the code tree at a fixed point in time. 7.3.1, for example, doesn't contain all the fixes available on the evening before its release. It contains the fixes available at the time the release was cut; probably 2-3 weeks previously. In short, you should probably be *glad* that not all of the fixes are there. If they were, you'd have a release with no testing against it. And you've seen what 7.3 was like *with* testing..... 8O Cheers, Stuart.

Well, yes I understand what you are saying and it would seem reasonable to expect that fixes from the past few weeks aren't in the next release. But, what I seem to have noticed is that fixes from *months* prior don't make it into releases either. I guess that's what got me worked up.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.

"signoff networker" in the