Networker

[Networker] Recreating keys/cers for a certain host pair (nsrauth)

2006-06-21 04:42:44
Subject: [Networker] Recreating keys/cers for a certain host pair (nsrauth)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:35:54 +0200
Say that I have server A and client B. Both are running networker 7.3.1 . Lets say that there's a key mismatch between these two hosts, which makes nsrauth fail. What is the best way of getting nsrauth to work again? I assume keys or certs need to be cleared somehow on both hosts. How? Then I also assume that new cers or keys need to be issued. How? Or is there a better way to reset certs/keys? Do I need to do this on the local agent? If so, I assume that I have to edit the local agent with nsradmin on the client, in order to let my backup server configure it?

Things are not very clear to me when it comes to nsrauth, and I assume I'm not alone either. So a good response on this would probably be appreciated by many members of the networker list.. :)

//Oscar

"signoff networker" in the