Networker

[Networker] Target Sessions for adv_file device in v7.3

2006-06-20 15:00:42
Subject: [Networker] Target Sessions for adv_file device in v7.3
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:57:59 -0700

In the past(v7.2.1) we have used setting target sessions for an adv_file
device to 1 so that savestreams would be distributed across all the
adv_file devices 1 at a time until either all available savestreams were
used up or the server max parallelism was reached. (And both group and
pool maxes are set to 0 so they do not limit.)

But now in v7.3 if we set an adv_file device target sessions to 1 that's
all that device gets - period.  If we simply set it to 8 then it gets 8.
So it's almost like they changed the definition of the 'target sessions'
parameter for a device to now mean Max sessions for that device.

Any one experience the same thing with v7.3 ?

Thanks - John