Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows to Unix Restores??

2006-06-14 11:40:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows to Unix Restores??
From: Tape King <tapeking01 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:36:30 -0700
I tried this a few times.
  I wound up with the windows drive letter and folder structure becoming one
giant filename on UNIX.

  example: I got a file named:

  C:\windows\boot.ini in a /restore folder on UNIX.
  It was not useable so I gave up on it.
  I also thought maybe restoring to a mapped SAMBA share from UNIX might work
if you have a windows box to run the recovery might work, but I did not test
that.

  Regards,
  Tape King

Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM> wrote:
  No, it wont let you.

Once upon a time you could do this. I think it was V7 that stopped it.

Siobhan

>From: David Ranieri
>To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>Subject: [Networker] Windows to Unix Restores??
>Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:14:44 -0400
>
>Hello All,
>We're currently running 7.2.1. Anyone know if its possible to do cross
>platform restores? Trying to restore windows 2K DB files to a Unix Client
>machine. Your input is always appreciated. - Dave
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
>"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
>you have any problems
>wit this list. You can access the archives at
>http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
>via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER

  Tape King
Gold Tape Supply