Networker

Re: [Networker] Re-establishing systems

2006-06-14 10:26:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Re-establishing systems
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:26:12 -0400
This is actually an excellent example for a lot of us to look at.

My org is required to be able to restore files from at minimum 10 years
but recently restored files from the 1988. You can imagine how
technology has changed.

I am thinking it would be prudent to perform data migrations to new
technologies every 2 years or so. Just to ensure we are able to restore
data from current technology as fast as possible.

Any thoughts or experience on this subject? /ALE