Networker

Re: [Networker] Fun with the NetWorker msi kit

2006-06-13 00:56:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fun with the NetWorker msi kit
From: "Dean, James" <jdean AT SANZ DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:54:19 -0600
I have used the .msi package that comes on the CD's.  If your trying to use the
MSI it's actually a wrapped version of the base .msi package.  The one included
on the CD does not allow silent installs and has some other junk involved.
There is another .msi package buried within the CD version that is easier to
distribute and run with native command line options, so you can feed that
package to a .msi distributor or some other windows updater with the command
line options.

There is no documentation I know of and when we talked to support, the folks we
talked didn't know what I was talking about.  If you find the documentation on
the .msi that is distributed or even why it's a wrapped version, I would like
to know.

Regards.

James Dean