Networker

[Networker] DDS

2006-06-09 03:33:55
Subject: [Networker] DDS
From: "N.J.Tustain" <N.J.Tustain AT OPEN.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:33:19 +0100
Hi,

What are peoples experience of using DDS with dedicated storage nodes?

We've been using this arrangement for several months, when it's all
working the backup rate is excellent, but whole thing seems very
problematic. Also, when there is an issue, we never seem to able to get
to the bottom of what went wrong.

A Networker reseller has recently told us they advise their customers
against using DDS. Something along the lines that DDS is effectively
removing/attaching a SCSI device from a running server.....which causes
problems.  If that's correct that would be a fairly fundamental flaw in
the design...?

Thanks
Nick