Networker

[Networker] one of our IBM LTO1 too slow

2006-06-08 10:41:55
Subject: [Networker] one of our IBM LTO1 too slow
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:23:17 +0200
Hi,

we have 4 IBM LTO1 drives here. One of them writes at a very slow rate when staging from disk to tape. It starts with the usual speed, about 15-20 MB/s, but soon drops down to 550 kB/s. Do you know what the problem might be? I already took the drive offline and tested it with a blank tape, but there were no errors. It is not media related, those tapes are being written at the usual speed in other drives.

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the