Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Retirement Process....

2006-06-06 05:25:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Retirement Process....
From: Srinivas Rao <ssrinivas78 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 19:25:29 +1000
Hi Siobhan,
Thanks for your reply. Is there any way to keep track of tape passes and
load/unload cycles to retire a tape??

Thanks,
Srinivas Rao S.

On 6/6/06, Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:

Ahthe problem is what do you call a pass? DLT and LTO and their variants,
go
up and down a tape many times in a single "pass". Se ehow many tracks the
media has, and then divide that 1  million head passes by that. That's how
many write loads you could have, then when you read it adds more head
passes..... see how it builds up?

Siobhan