Networker

Re: [Networker] RPC cannot encode arguments

2006-06-02 22:46:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] RPC cannot encode arguments
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 22:43:26 -0400
On Jun 2, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Turner, Peter wrote:

Getting a group failure with these errors below. Everything I have been able to find suggests problems that should affect all servers in a group not just a couple. Other days it will run just fine. I am also getting
a nsrindexd.exe - Application error popup "The instruction at
"0x75021144" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be
"read".  If I get them, I get a bunch 40-50 - They also show in system
event log as "informational"

Not sure if related or not but I'm am not finding much on either.

Networker 7.1.230
Win2k networker server; all Windows clients

Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.

failed:full:index
* asmisis-0864.domain.com:index 1 retry attempted
* asmisis-0864.domain.com:index save: external ASM `uasm' exited with
code 128
* asmisis-0864.domain.com:index save:
E:\LegatoIndex\asmisis-0864.domain.com\db6 was not successfully saved
* asmisis-0864.domain.com:index save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode
arguments
* asmisis-0864.domain.com:index save: save of
index:asmisis-0864.domain.com to argon.domain.com failed

A google search for "cod 128" turned up the following web page

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;Q318447

which may resolve your issue.

"signoff networker" in the