Networker

Re: [Networker] [I] [Networker] EMC Employees?

2006-05-31 09:32:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] [I] [Networker] EMC Employees?
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:26:02 -0400
Unfortunately due to the times we live in and some people being more
willing to sue than to take ownership of their own problems....

Most corporations have to ride a fine line between their desire to be
helpful and the fear of ending up liable. A line between providing free
service and letting one of their tech folks go because they don't have
enough business to justify his/her existence.

I feel Microsoft has ushered us all into the era of "YOU (the customer)
are now our beta team." So is it faulty code or beta code that had to be
sold to placate the stock holders?

I worked for an honorable engineer run company before. They gave away
gobs of free advice, they spent money defending their free advice in
court, they refused to sell code before it was done, and in the end
Microsoft killed them. I am speaking of Banyan Systems, Inc. /waving my
hand I am a former employee and still miss the days of honor...

<Insert flashbacks of the movie Dragonheart, Knights of the old Code...>

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE