Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client

2006-05-30 20:36:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:34:45 -0400
On May 30, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Siobhán Ellis wrote:

Stan,

you just define the physical nodes and the cluster alias as 3 seperate clients.

The physical nodes will back up the drives only for them, and the cluster client will backup the clustered data.

Will the physical nodes be storage nodes?

If not, that's it.

BTW, have seen problems with NetWorker not counting SQL licenses properly, so be careful!

This server will contain MS Exchange data. I am going to install the Exchange module tomorrow. Fortunately, I have two months to get this right before the server goes into production.

Thanks for the info. If you or anyone else has any suggestions for setting up NetWorker to back up a two-node cluster running Exchange, please let me know.

"signoff networker" in the