Networker

Re: [Networker] Lifetime of LTO Tapes

2006-05-16 13:17:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Lifetime of LTO Tapes
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:16:08 +0200
Davina Treiber wrote:
I did some work in about 2002 regarding compatibility of LTO-1 drives and tapes. The reason for this was that I was having severe problems with errors on media when using Seagate (now Certance) LTO-1 drives. It transpired that the only media that would work well were Fuji and Maxell, however I also had some HP tapes which were quite obviously HP branded versions of the Maxells (or possibly Fuji), and they worked faultlessly.

Same here, Fuji and Maxell seem to last very long.

With IBM LTO-1 drives I had none of these problems, they seemed to work well even with the Sony tapes that gave me all the problems on the Seagate drives.

Hmm, we have IBM LTO1s here only, and Sony tapes gave us some problems.

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the