Networker

[Networker] No backup activity

2006-05-11 12:33:33
Subject: [Networker] No backup activity
From: "Ekstrom, Jeffery" <jekstrom AT SANZ DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:31:03 -0600
Hello all,
I am experiencing a problem with W2K3 systems and st bernard open file manager.

We have a server with:
C drive
E drive
F drive

I back it up using 7.1.2 and OFM. OFM excludes the C drive but handles the
other volumes.

The first night following a reboot, the system backs up fine. The next evening,
all OFM handled volumes won't backup.

The backups don't fail, they just never start. A save.exe process is started on
the client, the group details show the 2 volumes as being unfinished, but
nothing else ever happens.

The only way I have been able to kill the save.exe processes on the client and
get a backup to run again is by rebooting their server. When I disable OFM,
this problem goes away. Of course, then their open files don't get backed up.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before? Any ideas? tips? suggestions?

Jeff Ekstrom
Solutions Engineer
SANZ, Inc.
Vienna, VA