Networker

Re: [Networker] disaster recovery

2006-05-11 02:30:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] disaster recovery
From: Pascal Rijs <pascal.rijs AT UNILEVER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 02:23:00 -0400
Patricia,

It looks to me that you're not forcing Legato to use a specific block
size. We use a windows environment setting to force legato to use 128k
blocks and as such Legato will use the system default (64k).

NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_SDLT=128

The output you've sent shows that your scsi adapter is configured to allow
128k blocks (=131072 bytes), but defaults to 64k blocks.

Currently I don't have experience with LTO, but will soon have as my 6x
LTO3 library came in this week :)

Kind regards,

Pascal