Networker

Re: [Networker] Automated tasks using batch files

2006-05-04 11:12:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automated tasks using batch files
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 08:10:42 -0700
> Dear List,
>
> We are moving from UNIX platform to Windoze 2000 (bad idea I know, this
> has been forced on me) and I'm trying to translate my Korn shell scripts
> into DOS batch files -

Windows 2000, okay.  DOS Batch, why?

Since presumably it's just your server, why not install a korn shell
interpreter on the server and run your existing scripts?

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin
http://www.cygwin.com/

Both have korn shells (of some type) available for use on W2K.  You
might have to do a bit of porting (filenames are usually the tricky
part), but I'll bet it would be less work and fewer errors than porting
to batch.

Just an alternative suggestion...

Good luck.