Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo slot?

2006-04-28 14:55:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo slot?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:53:43 -0700

>  I don't see a slot parameter in the mminfo command.  Is there anyway to
> get the usual mminfo info with the slot?

No, not with one query.

You'd need to request details of the volume and data on it from the
media database (via mminfo).

For slot information, you have to either:

  Ask networker via 'nsrjb'
  Ask networker via 'nsradmin' on the 'nsr_jukebox' resource(s)
  Ask the library directly via one of the sji* tools

Each is useful in a variety of situations and all can give you some form
of volume to slot mapping.

'nsrjb' is the most straightforward since most admins are familiar with
it, but I don't like parsing the output and trusting that I've covered
all the edge cases.  I find 'nsradmin' or 'sjirdtag' to have more
consistent and stable output.