Networker

Re: [Networker] automating the creation of multiple clients on a new nsrhost?

2006-04-27 14:02:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] automating the creation of multiple clients on a new nsrhost?
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:59:29 -0500
Yep.    Personally I have also found the 'comment' field in all the
different resources to be a huge benefit.    In my client def's, for
example, I now have a CSV string for each client that contains info about
the internal Change Control # used for requesting backups, when that
client's need for continued backup was last reviewed, etc.   Pretty sweet.

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM

             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] automating the
                                       creation of multiple clients on a
                                       new nsrhost?
             04/27/2006 12:56
             PM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM

> Yeah, your script worked almost flawlessly.    Due to nature of my text
> file I had to chop the trailing CR in the third field, but it works
great.
> Thx for saving me some time!

Right.. top of my head I didn't deal with it, but that's pretty simple
to add.

Now you can do the same thing in the future to 'update' clients instead
of 'create' them.  What's that?  We have to change the storage node for
all the hosts over here?  We put everything in but forgot to add a
'network server interface' field?  :-)

  print ". type:NSR client, name:$hostname\n";
  print "update server network interface: server-2\n";

type
"signoff networker" in the
if
you have any problems