Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library

2006-04-20 10:52:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library
From: Jeff Mery <jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:47:52 -0500
First, our architecture is 100% FC with the exception of the library
robotics.  Each backup server and storage node is zoned in the SAN to see
only the drives that we want them to.  The DDS drive is zoned to both of
the systems we want it to float between.  This should work with SCSI
libraries as well as long as everything is close enough to the library of
course.

After the zoning was completed and verified, everything was setup with
jbconfig.  First on the NW server, then each storage node.  We did the DDS
drive last after testing each system/drive combination along the way.  The
verification was done to ensure what we thought was /dev/rmt/ubn1 really
was /dev/rmt/ubn1 and so on.  It's been almost 2 years since we set it up,
so I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact jbconfig process.  I can dig up the
documentation or check with my co-worker if anyone would like additional
detail.

Jeff Mery - MCSE, MCP
National Instruments

"Allow me to extol the virtues of the Net Fairy, and of all the fantastic
dorks that make the nice packets go from here to there. Amen."
TB - Penny Arcade

Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/20/2006 07:40 AM
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library

Hello,
Can you explian how you set it up , via Jbconfig or otherwise ?

type
"signoff networker" in the