Networker

Re: [Networker] Disk backup and concurrent operations

2006-04-19 10:01:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disk backup and concurrent operations
From: Shawn Cox <shawn.cox AT PCCA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:58:50 -0500
I do exactly what you are describing.

I have a very simple setup compared to most of the other admins here. I have a 24 slot library with two LTO2 drives. Additionally I have two 500 GB adv_file type devices.

I stage from disk to tape via custom script when ssid's reach 48 hours old.

My library is directly attached to the Networker Server via SCSI and so my drives fight for SCSI bandwidth if I attempt to clone/stage to both drives.

There are several threads in the archives of NETWORKER-L about being able to backup and restore/stage/clone at the same time from/to adv_file devices. There are situations where a task will be quiesced until the device is no longer busy. Even with the RO device available.

HTH,
--Shawn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Teresa Biehler" <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>