Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.1 for NetWare and directed recover

2006-04-19 05:04:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.1 for NetWare and directed recover
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:01:05 +0100
In view of what you said here, I just tested a directed recover of a file using
Netware client 7.2.1 and it all seemed to work as expected.

Details were...
Source server: SERVERA   Source file: VOLA\adirectory\afile
Dest server: SERVERB       Dest volume: VOLB\adirectory

I made sure that I didn't choose a volume to recover to that exists on the
source server (ie in this case, there was no VOLB on the source server.
The recover worked as expected.

Apologies if I've misunderstood your problem.

Allan.

>>> A02GAR1 AT WPO.CSO.NIU DOT EDU 18/04/06 21:56 >>>
I can successfully to a directed recover with 7.2.1 on NetWare if the
relocate to is pointed to the sys: volume, however if I try to go to a
different volume (tried both share: and mail:), I get an error saying
that the path doesn't exist, and then it tries to recover to a
previously used location on the server running nwadmin not the one I
told it to.

My theory is that the code in 7.2.1 is checking the LOCAL file system
to see if the relocate to: path exists, rather then checking the server
to you redirecting to...

George A. Raetzke, CNE & LPIC-1
Senior Systems Programmer
Enterprise System Support