Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore problems from NW client

2006-04-12 12:38:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore problems from NW client
From: George Raetzke <A02GAR1 AT WPO.CSO.NIU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:33:38 -0500
F2 -> Choose Client, pick the cluster server.  Then do a normal restore,
should work... at least it used to...

The 7.2.0 directed restore will only work going to the same box you are
running the restore on.  With 7.2.1 it sends the recover command over to
the other client and tells it to do as you instructed, which is
different then the 4.22 client but is the same as how the other clients
have worked for quiet some time.

George A. Raetzke, CNE & LPIC-1
Senior Systems Programmer
Enterprise System Support
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL  60115
graetzke AT niu DOT edu
815-753-8549

>>> ajs AT STOLAF DOT EDU 4/12/2006 10:15:21 AM >>>
I failed to mention that VOLUME: is a clustered volume.

After some additional testing I can do a directed recover from the
clustered
VOLUME: to the server node. This leads me to believe that the "Can't
open data
set" message refers to Networker's inability to write the recovered
file back to
the clusterd volume.

ajs

--
Tony Skalski
Systems Administrator

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems