Networker

Re: [Networker] RMAN backup, archivelog, and recover scripts.

2006-04-07 12:19:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] RMAN backup, archivelog, and recover scripts.
From: Doug Brown <Doug.Brown AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:17:15 -0500

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/9i/server.920/a96566/wnrcmug.htm

"Alley, J B" <j.b.alley AT LMCO DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

04/07/2006 11:05 AM
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond to
"Alley, J B" <j.b.alley AT LMCO DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc
Subject
[Networker] RMAN backup, archivelog, and recover scripts.

Does any have RMAN scripts for backups, archive logs, and recovery that
I could use as samples?  We are testing NMO and RMAN for the first time,
and the documentation is a little lacking on examples.

I think I have an idea, but there are a few added commands that I would
like to use that I am unsure as to where to add them.  For instance
setting automatic controfile backups, deleting archive logs older than a
specified time, and setting duplexing for multiple copies of the
database backups.

We are using NMO 4.2 on a Solaris 2.9 server with Oracle 9i, and the
Networker server is Solaris 2.9 with Networker 7.3.

Thanks

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the
body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems
wit this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or