Networker

[Networker] IBM LTO-3 - DDS - drive lock not release

2006-04-07 04:27:04
Subject: [Networker] IBM LTO-3 - DDS - drive lock not release
From: Samuel Gaudré <sgaudre AT A2P DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:25:52 -0400
Hi,

I have 12xLTO-3 DDS into 10 SAN Node (Solaris8, W2K and W2K3), each SN have
IBM LTO-3 Driver, each Windows have removable storage service disable. But
from time to time, some tape drive falls in service mode, and when I look on
the system with CLI IBMtape the tape drive is busy, I must doing an
hard-reset on the tape drive to put it enable.  I think that it is a lock on
the tape drive which is not released.  Somebody can help me?

NetWorker : 7.1.3
NSR SERVER OS : Solaris 8 with last cluster patch SAN Node OS : W2KSP4 and
W2K3SP1

Drivers LTO : last
Firmware : février 06

Thanks.