Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 recovers old files during browse recover

2006-04-07 03:33:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.3 recovers old files during browse recover
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 03:29:53 -0400
Stan Horwitz wrote:
> Scott, I do not run 7.3, but you have me curious. What happens if you
> change you recovery process a bit?
> What happens if you do the following:
>
> cd /etc
> recover -c imap -s dotbak
> relocate /var/tmp
> add -q .
> recover
>
> or if /etc does not exist, how about ...
>
> recover -c imap -s dotbak
> cd /etc
> relocate /var/tmp
> add -q .
> recover
>
> I am not suggesting either method will resolve your problem, I am only
> curious if you get the same results.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was just a tad busy over the last few
days working around this bug to recover our imap server. Yeah, same
results with the above. EMC/Legato support was able to duplicate the
problem in house and is working to develop a fix. I don't have any more
details than that.

I generally hear a good deal of ragging on the support people at
EMC/Legato. My general experience has been over all very positive,
especially with response to sev-one issues. If I've got to be up at 3AM
working on recovering a box it's nice to have the EMC/Legato techs
assisting me by working in house to recreate the bug I may be seeing.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin