Networker

Re: [Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?

2006-03-24 18:08:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:02:19 -0500
After talking to Legato, it appears that the reason our old resource files from our 6.1.1 server were not restored to the new 7.2.1 server is because we need to first install 6.1.1, run mmrecov to recover them, stop and re-start NetWorker and then upgrade 6.1.1 to 7.2.1. At that point, since they're already there, they'll be integrated into /nsr/res/nsrdb. We had done an initial install of 7.2.1 on the new server and then ran mmrecov which did recover the old resource files but did non integrate the information into /nsr/res/nsrdb. So, we don't see any of our groups, schedules, clients in the listing, etc., only the media database.

So, I guess I need to uninstall 7.2.1, install 6.1.1, run mmrecov and then install 7.2.1. Sheesh!

George

rgraves wrote:

I may have to wait until we have a storage node and library in place before recovering all the client indexes. I don't think I have enough space on the old server to dump all the client indexes to a file type device for copying and recovering via a file type device on the new client. I do have enough space to do some of them as a test, though.

you could create a file type device on an NFS mount from the new server, preferably on different platters than the final destination /nsr for speed.

i just did that with some success. it was about 10 times faster than a previous SDLT-320 based DR exercise.

"signoff networker" in the